DURABLE has manufactured workplace solutions of enduring quality and award-winning design for over 100 years. They offer a diverse range of modern workplace products, from tablet holders to cable management systems, designed to enhance productivity and organization while consistently adapting to cater to the changing needs of multiple industries.
Until recently, DURABLE operated without the crucial insights derived from trace sales data. This absence of actionable data made it challenging for the company to make informed decisions regarding product focus and target audience.
Highlands’ cutting-edge Data Analytics team uncovered:
- Less than 4% of sales were coming from the Independent Dealer Channel (IDC).
- The DURAFRAME product was underpenetrated in the IDC at a little over 19%.
- YTD gross sales, DURAFRAME is the top selling category (it resonates with end users).
- YoY growth (only grew less than 2% within the IDC, but it was 23.6% in other channels).
On behalf of DURABLE, Highlands aimed to increase DURAFRAME sales to targeted Independent Dealers.
The Highlands Difference
Highlands identified how to increase sales on behalf of a client who was underperforming in the IDC. The key steps were:
- Identifying the right vertical for the product, in this case Education.
- Targeting top sellers in the IDC based on trace sales data.
- Leveraging connections with top accounts in the IDC.
- Utilizing high-quality vertical sales assets designed by Highlands.
- Creating standardized email communications for business district managers that promote the product in the education vertical.
DURABLE saw an increase from 1.7% to 30% YoY in total sales growth for DURAFRAME. What’s more is that from start to finish the campaign took only three weeks to complete. The key was to put the product in front of those who could push it to a wider audience, whether they were adding the SKUs to education contracts, sharing the sales collateral with their respective sales teams or conducting product sampling sessions with targeted education end users.
More Results from Highlands’ Campaign:
- Engaged with over 100 distributors.
- 24 DURABLE SKUs added to Dealer NCPA contract.
- Email blast to Education end-users.
- Distributor sales manager presented program to their sales team with call-to-action.
- Dealer started a product sampling program to target education end-users.
- Education-only focused Dealer provided a distributor sales team training with sampling program.