Join our exceptional team
For over 60 years, Highlands has employed an exceptional team of full-time sales, marketing and eCommerce professionals. We aim to hire people with diverse experiences who share our common goal of delivering results by combining the most effective multi-channel brand advocacy strategies with world-class expertise.
We want to work with people who exude our four company values of accountability, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and navigating for our clients. We strive to inject these core values into everything we do, every day.
We take responsibility for our actions. We share in each other’s success and prove how we perform.
We actively engage with all stakeholders to share ideas, thoughts and challenges. By working together, we achieve the greatest result for our clients.
Even when things are going well, we are never complacent. We are always looking for creative and innovative way to exceed expectations.
Sometimes the road from the drawing board to the customer is not an easy one. Our ability to deftly maneuver brands from conception to the the consumer is our greatest asset.
When you join Highlands, you work alongside exceptional people and enjoy competitive, full-time employment benefits.
Head of Marketing (UK)
The Head of Marketing, based in Watford, manages and oversees all content, production
and content related activities for Highlands’ European business. This is a management role
however it also requires an ability to muck-in and work alongside the team.
Highlands’ creative team has both office and remote based staff. The creative output is
varied, including but not limited to video, live shopping, product content (copy and
imagery), social media content, case study creation and client pitches.
The Head of Marketing will ensure that projects are:
- Delivered on time,
- To budget, and
- To agreed client requirements.
The Head of Marketing reports to the Managing Director, Europe.
Highlands is an international sales, marketing and eCommerce agency dedicated to helping manufacturers grow sales in B2B and digital channels. Since 1962, businesses have trusted Highlands to deliver results by combining the most effective multi-channel brand advocacy strategies with world-class expertise.
The values of the Highlands team are: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative, Accountable and Navigators.
Highlands is headquartered in Atlanta in the USA, with an office in Watford, UK.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design, graphics, communications, or related subject.
- At least 5 years’ working in a creative environment, either client or agency side.
- Managed people, helping them to meet company and personal goals.
- Experience of managing projects to deadlines and within budgets.
- Knowledge of how creative execution varies depending on platform and how this can impact decision processes.
- Process management – The basic skills required to manage a studio include planning, organising, record keeping, reporting and controlling material and non-material resources. Must be well organised and au fait with using project management tools.
- Communication – Able to communicate effectively with clients, vendors, visitors, and team members, he must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- People management – Responsible for hiring, training, or supervising employees. To
ensure the smooth operation of the studio you must be able to effectively manage the
- Client relations – Build good working relationships and trust with clients.
- Keeping calm under pressure – Thrives in a stressful environment. Bases decisions on
facts and not emotions.
- Leadership skills – You will be kind, patient, listen well, learn, and adapt quickly, and
being available to your team. Respect is earned when you treat others with respect.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of your department.
- Assessing, clarifying, and interrogating client briefs.
- Lead creative projects, ensuring they meet client – external and internal – needs and
optimised for the selected platform.
- Assigning the right team members to a project.
- Reviewing and approving work before assets are sent to clients or the account team.
- Assisting with creative production as needed, and meeting with colleagues for
- Ensuring smooth production and on-time delivery, it is important to set and implement
deadlines, goals, expectations, and workflows.
- Curating image libraries, video, artwork, and branding assets. Ensure files are properly
named and stored according to protocols.
- Establishing systems and processes to ensure that both the studio and the agency are
fully aware of the operation of the creative studio.
- Participating in selection and recruitment decisions.
- Ensuring that your equipment is in good working order before and after each use.
- Track work and provide accurate and on-time information for the accounting team to
prepare invoicing as required.
- Establishing recording areas and equipment.
- Answering customers’ questions and ensuring safe equipment use.
- Liaise with Highlands headquarter team to manage workflow across departments.
- Comply with Highlands corporate brand guidelines.
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as requested by your line manager.
We’re always looking for the right people to join our team. If you don’t see a fitting open position, please email your resume to [email protected] and we will keep it on file for future opportunities.
Latest News & Articles
Highlands developed a launch campaign focused on growing brand awareness and followers on TikTok, helped The Beauty Crop launch exclusive products in their catalogue, and created in-feed video content. The Highlands team is also handling ongoing training and advertising support for their internal Live operations on TikTok.
We sat down for a holiday chat with the experts at Highlands to hear about everything from their favorite holiday movie to their biggest eCommerce takeaway from 2022 and what they foresee being a significant trend in 2023.
Hear from Kristin Stevens, VP, eCommerce, on the best ways to meet consumers where they are in 2023. Covering everything from content marketing to social commerce, product reviews, video content, and promotional strategies that are sure to make your brand stand out from the competition.