Join our exceptional team
For over 60 years, Highlands has employed an exceptional team of full-time sales, marketing and eCommerce professionals. We aim to hire people with diverse experiences who share our common goal of delivering results by combining the most effective multi-channel brand advocacy strategies with world-class expertise.
We want to work with people who exude our four company values of accountability, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and navigating for our clients. We strive to inject these core values into everything we do, every day.
We take responsibility for our actions. We share in each other’s success and prove how we perform.
We actively engage with all stakeholders to share ideas, thoughts and challenges. By working together, we achieve the greatest result for our clients.
Even when things are going well, we are never complacent. We are always looking for creative and innovative way to exceed expectations.
Sometimes the road from the drawing board to the customer is not an easy one. Our ability to deftly maneuver brands from conception to the the consumer is our greatest asset.
When you join Highlands, you work alongside exceptional people and enjoy competitive, full-time employment benefits.
Strategic Account Manager - Jan San, Greater Chicago Area
Highlands is currently recruiting for an ambitious and passionate Strategic Account Manager to support our client’s growth in the Industrial/MRO space. The position will report to the Vice President of Strategic Accounts. This position is responsible for cultivating successful strategic partnerships with targeted distribution partners not limited to Envoy Solutions/Waxie. If you feel like you embody our values and your knowledge, skills, and abilities match the job description below, please apply.
Highlands is the go-to sales and marketing agency for the world’s best brands. We are the only multinational sales and marketing services agency supporting manufacturers and resellers in the B2B, B2C, and eTail marketplaces with custom product, sales, and marketing strategies. For over 59 years, Highlands has focused on engineering greater sales for its partners by providing the most effective and efficient brand advocacy programs, brand resources, and technologies for entire channels. The men and women of Highlands are Entrepreneurial, Collaborative, Accountable, and Navigators.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job classification.
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing and growing relationships within strategic distribution partners in the Jan San space not limited to Envoy Solutions, Imperial Dade, Brady, and Network Distribution.
- Ongoing meetings with key stakeholders and decision makers at strategic distribution partner to create incremental sales opportunities.
- Engaging with strategic distribution partner to develop and implement sales strategies through value-based solutions by analyzing business needs.
- Effectively managing a diverse product portfolio, keeping thorough records of customer interactions, and providing sales projections on a regular basis.
- Continually working to improve sales by executing promotional campaigns through the applicable marketing vehicles.
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Contributing to building a long-term, sustainable business by relentlessly focusing on customer success.
- Providing advisory services to help known national accounts maximize their use across our suite of products and to drive sales.
- Identifying key market /competitive trends and providing recommendations on how to capitalize on these trends.
- Knowledge of how B2B sales channels operate is a priority requirement.
- Ability to achieve measurable sales goals as assigned and willing to accept responsibility for results.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, negotiation, and closing skills, managed effectively via remote tools and/or in-person.
- Excellent business acumen: confidence to communicate with key decision makers.
- Ability to manage distributors at a headquarter and field level.
- Self-motivated to independently initiate and achieve sales goals.
- Energetic, self-starter with a positive attitude, morale, and work ethic.
- Be willing and capable to travel for distributor meetings, as justified for client purposes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects/deals with minimal direction in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated with ability to work independently, but within a team environment.
- Exceptional relationship management skills.
- A high energy, positive attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to tailor each presentation to the audience.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter that possesses excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- High-level of collaboration with vendor clients, internal & external customers.
- Accountable for delivering measurable success.
- Navigators: utilizing long-standing relationships, knowledge & expertise to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven success working at or with large national strategic distribution partner, direct experience with Envoy Solutions/Waxie or similar distribution partner preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Business-related field.
- 10+ years of national account sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Background in the business products / facility supply / industrial / hospitality / multi-family industries.
- Established track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
Head Of B2B Sales - United Kingdom (Remote)
This Is a hugely exciting opportunity to make a real difference within a fast growing company. We are looking for an exceptional and collaborative leader with extensive experience in B2B, B2C, wholesale and distribution across Europe, who has passion and a proven track record of driving revenue growth and awareness for manufacturer brands. You will work alongside the MD as a trusted partner and strategically to shape the next phase of growth and be a sounding board to the senior team; leading on the delivery of strategic business aims and company growth targets.
Highlands is an internationa sales, marketing and eCommerce agency dedicated to helping manufacturers grow sales in B2B and digital channels.
Since 1962, businesses have trusted Highlands to deliver results by combininig the most effective multi-channel brand advocacy strategies.
With 5+ years of management level experience driving sales and delivering effective brand growth, you will have experience in abundance and thrive in a creative, talented, and friendly team. A growth mindset and positive, people-focused leadership style Is Important In this role along with demonstrated experience of Improving processes, monitoring performance, and driving growth.
The Strategic Responsibilities are:
Growing revenue sustainably and profitably over the next 3 years
- Full responsibility for delivering revenue growth across European B2B channels to market, pro-actively identifying strategic opportunities, and assessing risks.
- Defining a balanced B2B sales strategy to deliver strategic aims and company growth targets – supporting sales & marketing teams to deliver key objectives.
- Full responsibility for growing brand awareness across all channels to market.
- Analysing commercial performance and data insights to proactively improve performance.
Support and leadership
- Providing day-to-day coaching, support, and encouragement to the wider team – as a sounding board, for decision making and problem-solving,
- Setting direction and dept goals, supporting and driving their delivery to meet company aims.
- Providing leadership to the channel leads in each sales team and to the marketing team.
- Attending and presenting at key brand partner meetings as required, supporting with contracts & terms
- Driving development projects and initiatives across the business.
- Maintaining awareness of, supporting, and inputting commercially, into the critical path, product strategy, pricing, and stock ordering and allocation where required.
- Working closely with the MD to support the implementation of leadership development within the team and improving operational processes and reporting as the business scales up.
- Attending and leading management and other meetings as required.
Skills and attributes:
- Proven track record of successful long term strategic planning and ability to deliver the company vision, objectives, and key results.
- Proactive, takes ownership, and can drive new initiatives to a conclusion.
- Emotionally intelligent with great people skills and a collaborative leadership style.
- A mentor and go-to person for the team who inspires confidence in others, is approachable, positive, organised and in control.
- Identifies opportunities and can filter ideas well to create a clear path through complex challenges and give sound commercial input across departments.
- Experience of improving systems and processes as a business grows.
- experience in managing across different B2B channels and routes to market across Uk & Europe.
- Excellent communicator who is able to persuade and encourage others and can present strategy, tactics, and results effectively.
If this role sounds like an exciting opportunity and you have the skills and experience to make a real difference then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV with an email explaining why you are particularly suited to this role to: [email protected]
eCommerce Account Manager - Atlanta, GA (Remote)
Highlands is the go-to sales and marketing agency for the world’s best brands. We are the only multinational sales and marketing services agency supporting manufacturers and resellers in the B2B, B2C, and eTail marketplaces with custom product, sales, and marketing strategies. For over 54 years, Highlands has focused on engineering greater sales for its partners by providing the most effective and efficient brand advocacy programs, brand resources, and technologies for entire channels. The men and women of Highlands are Entrepreneurial, Collaborative, Accountable, and Navigators.
We are currently looking for a eCommerce Account Manager. If you feel like you embody our values and your knowledge, skills, and abilities match the job description below, please apply.
The eCommerce Account Manager will help develop and implement digital strategies that increase brand awareness, promote products, and events to ultimately drive prospects to conversion for large eCommerce accounts.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge in online marketing and analytics, time, and project management with a strong proficiency in both written and verbal communication. The ability to work effectively and efficiently is essential with a focus on bottom line growth.
- Marketing/Promotional/Sales experience handling Amazon and working knowledge of 3rd party digital channels.
- Identify, implement & monitor advertising campaigns for several manufacturers within leading eTailers. Such as Amazon, Wayfair, Walmart, etc.
- Establish relationships with Internet Resellers and Clients and closely manage these accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Sell new products into existing eTailer and ensure timely placement.
- Collaborate closely with the eCommerce sales & marketing team to translate business objectives and customer needs into comprehensive digital strategies
- Make content recommendations to optimize product website presentation and product placement
- Evaluate the needs of the market, research customer trends, and turn that into effective ways to reach consumers and convert to sales
- Help develop, implement, and evaluate SEM/SEO strategies—incorporating best practices to gain conversions
- Help provide analysis and reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of campaigns and return on investment; make improvement recommendations based on best practices
- Regularly conduct research on keywords, product site placement and website analytics
- Lead client-facing review meetings
- Preparation and delivery of client-facing dashboards
- Etailer portal expert and client trainer
- Extensive experience of online marketing to drive revenue, profitability, and consumer retention
- Extensive experience of SEO, content marketing, email marketing, Google AdWords/PPC advertising and social media for traditional eCommerce as well as mobile commerce
- Proven success with executing effective marketing campaigns within the eCommerce channels
- Project management experience
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic thinking
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues
- Strong client-facing communication skills
- Project leadership
- Ability to thrive in an energizing environment while managing several projects simultaneously with good time management and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Organizational awareness; must be resourceful and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Self-motivated; enjoys working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- 2+ years of experience within the Sales environment
Location: Successful candidate has the unprecedented opportunity to either work in Highlands, Atlanta GA headquarter location or from a dedicated home office. Please note the candidate must have access to high-speed internet (Not paid for by Highlands).
We’re always looking for the right people to join our team. If you don’t see a fitting open position, please email your resume to [email protected] and we will keep it on file for future opportunities.
Latest News & Articles
Why Is Marketplace Pricing Important? The way products are priced and perceived by shoppers will impact a brand’s online presence and credibility. According to research, most sales on Amazon now happen through search with more than 70% of those occurring on page one. Setting the right product pricing strategy can be challenging for many sellers.
Highlands is pleased to announce Charles Koslowsky has been promoted to Director of Strategic Accounts, Jan/San. Charles will focus his efforts on expanding Highlands’ reach within the Jan/San channel by working with key distribution partners.
Video Transcript: Once upon a time, placing TV advertising was easy. Well, when I say easy you still had to understand your target audience decide on the...