Quick Guide to Implementing New Health and Hygiene Guidelines
Today we take a deeper look at the Restaurant and Food Service industry. This category applies to restaurant employees in the front and back of the house. Additionally, food service is made up of producers and distributors of food, equipment, and services, including equipment suppliers and food and beverage suppliers.
Keep reading to find recommended health and hygiene essential products to help restaurant and food service provider environments stay clean, healthy and productive.
Restaurant/Food Service guidelines, requirements and standards may continue to change and evolve. Please review these recommendations in accordance guidelines set up on gov.uk and local regulations and guidance, as well as appropriate industry best practices.
Keeping Customers and Visitors Safe
Workers and patrons should social distance whenever possible.
- Limit the number of people allowed in designated areas and managing access and movement within the building.
Create a coronavirus Test and Trace QR Code for display in your venue. Get visitors to scan the QR code when they arrive, using the NHS Test and Trace app to help trace and stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Encourage distancing by moving seating areas 1-2 metres apart. If moving tables is not an option, consider closing off certain tables or chairs or utilize room dividers and partitions such as cleanable room dividers, like the Concertina from Lumeah.
- Use disposable paper menus or create a QR Code digital menu for customers.
- Encouraging customer to use hand sanitiser or handwashing facilities as they enter the venue. We recommend PedalPro hand sanitiser station which can be placed in the reception or other areas of high traffic. We like that the station is operated by a foot pedal reducing transfer of bacteria by hand.
- Add additional signage to encourage and remind staff and customers of distancing. This can easily be achieved by using high quality and durable vibrantly coloured tape or promote the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ and face covering message, to ensure good respiratory hygiene. Reinforce the message using Post-it Instant Dry Erase Whiteboard or Post-it Big Notes strategically placed in entrances and areas of high traffic.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch and high traffic areas should occur in accordance with guidelines in high traffic areas and in between seatings.
- Door handles are one of the largest touch points in public areas. P-Wave Stericore handle and plate door furniture is antimicrobial for the life of the product and will help reduce the spread of bacteria and viruses.
An additional way in which restaurants can keep customers safe is by implementing temperature scanning and facial ID equipment for employees and patrons. The results can easily be monitored in real-time allowing staff to take necessary precautions. OneScreen GoSafe technology allows for an orderly way to check employee temperatures as well as mask compliance.
Additional details and resources can be found in the full Safe X Secure White paper.
If you would like more information about any of our recommended products, email us at [email protected]. Include your name, business name, location(s) and contact information and a Highlands representative will be in touch with you.