Quick Guide to Implementing New Health and Hygiene Guidelines
We take a look at the Healthcare industry in today’s deeper dive into different workplaces.
Healthcare guidelines, requirements and standards will continue to change swiftly and become increasingly more stringent in the future. These heightened protocols will assist with overall preparedness and safety for the healthcare industry in the months and years to come.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HYGIENE
Workers should social distance whenever possible to reduce facility risk.
- Clinicians should implement infection prevention and control measures and assess individuals in a single occupancy room
- wear personal protective equipment (PPE) – as a minimum, infection prevention and control (IPC) guidance and PPE guidance
- Ask the patient to wear a fluid-resistant (Type IIR) surgical face mask (FRSM) if they are in a clinical or communal area or are being transported.
- Limit the number of people allowed in by managing visitor access and movement within the facility.
- Isolate symptomatic patients and ensure the patient is placed in respiratory isolation or within a specified cohort bay and the PPE described in the infection prevention and control guidance is worn by any person entering the room.
- Ensure that the patient, potentially contaminated areas, and waste are managed as per the infection prevention and control guidance.
- We recommend PedalPro hand sanitiser station which can be placed in the reception or other areas of high traffic. We like that the station is operated by a foot pedal reducing transfer of bacteria by hand.
- Door handles are one of the largest touch points in public areas. P-Wave Stericore handle and plate door furniture is antimicrobial for the life of the product and will help reduce the spread of bacteria and viruses.
- Add additional signage to encourage and remind staff and patients of social distancing. This can easily be achieved by using high quality and durable vibrantly coloured tape or promote the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ and face covering message, to ensure good respiratory hygiene. Reinforce the message using Post-it Instant Dry Erase Whiteboard or Post-it Big Notes strategically placed in entrances and areas of high traffic.
Additional details and resources can be found in the full Safe X Secure White paper.
If you would like more information about any of our recommended products, email us at [email protected]. Include your name, business name, location(s) and contact information and a Highlands representative will be in touch with you.