Quick Guide to Implementing New Health and Hygiene Guidelines
Continuing our deep dive into different workplaces, today we take a further look into what products and procedures manufacturing and production facilities need to safely get back to work. We’ve grouped our recommended health and hygiene essentials into four categories: Social Distancing, Personal Hygiene, Disinfection / Sanitisation and Wellness.
Workers should social distance whenever possible.
- Limit the number of people allowed in designated areas and set a limit for group meetings.
- Add space between employees, particularly in production areas.
- Floor and wall markings are a good way to encourage and remind employees of distancing. This can easily be achieved by using a high quality and durable vibrantly coloured tape, like 3M Safety tape.
- For use on walls and other surfaces uni-chalk and uni-paint markers from uni-ball or Big Sticky Notes and Post-it Dry Erase Surface from 3M are also useful tools to help to reinforce the message of social distancing.
Handwashing stations and access to hand sanitiser should be convenient and highly visible to all employees.
- We recommend stocking bathrooms, breakrooms and production handwashing stations with antimicrobial hand soap. Hand sanitiser should be offered if soap and water are not immediately available but a great addition to entry points for offices, shops, hotels etc., we would recommend Pedal Pro sanitising stations which holds up to 10,000 shots of sanitiser when full.
- As well as washing and hand sanitising an effective barrier to avoid germ transfer for employees is TouchSafe with antimicrobial technology it can help to minimise surface contact by up to 80%
- Single-use recyclable hand towels is an option for drying hands, For a touchless solution World Dryer provides a HEPA filtered hygienic alternative.
Disinfection / Sanitisation
Reducing clutter and removing difficult to clean items can make cleaning easier.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning, using standard cleaning products such as detergents and bleach, paying attention to all surfaces but especially ones that are touched frequently, such as door handles, light switches, work surfaces, remote controls and electronic devices.
- As a minimum, frequently touched surfaces should be wiped down twice a day, and one of these should be at the beginning or the end of the working day.
- This can also be accomplished at the workstation with desk lights that utilize UV light that continuously cleans and breaks down harmful microorganisms.
- Cleaning should be more frequent depending on the number of people using the space, whether they are entering and exiting the setting and access to handwashing and hand-sanitising facilities.
- Cleaning of frequently touched surfaces is particularly important in bathrooms and communal kitchens.
To prevent illness, employees should implement extra precautions that promote wellness in and around the facility.
- As employees enter their workplace there will be a need for temperature scanning and assessing mask compliance. OneScreen GoSafe offers temperature scanning and facial ID equipment allowing for an orderly way to check employee temperatures as well as mask compliance. These machines are available in floor and desktop form. Results can be sent instantly to a destination of choice for monitoring and compliance.
- Encourage everyone to use their own work tools. If sharing is necessary, refer to the disinfection and sanitisation rules.
Additional details and resources can be found in the full Safe X Secure White paper.
If you would like more information about any of our recommended products, email us at [email protected]. Include your name, business name, location(s) and contact information and a Highlands representative will be in touch with you.